CITY OF STERLING CITY
CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the Sterling City Council to be held
March 17, 2020 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Sterling City, City Hall, 508 3rd Street, Sterling City, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action.
- CALL TO ORDER
- INVOCATION - The invocation will be given by a member of the City Council.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Mayor Lane Horwood.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Limited to five minutes per person.)
- CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted by one motion.)
(a) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the minutes of the regular council meeting held on February 10, 2020. – M. Arizola
(b) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the accounts payable and financial reports. – M. Arizola
(c) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon all aspects of the land/roads on the west side of town currently occupied by Wesley and Karen Hodges. – Councilmember Hodges
(d) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon all aspects of law enforcement for the City of Sterling City. – Councilmember Hodges
(e) Discuss and document Republic Services missing the majority of the City on trash disposal on Monday, March 2nd and March 9, 2020.
(f) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon the estimate for rain gutters from Angelo Seamless Rain Gutter. – M. Arizola
(g) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon the estimate for security from Enter-Tel. – M. Arizola
(h) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon a donation to the Sterling City FFA. – M. Arizola
- OLD BUSINESS
(a) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon a Resolution for Sterling City being a sanctuary City. – EDC Director Thompson
(b) Act on Ordinance 031720 cancelling the May 2, 2020 City election. – M. Arizola
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS:
(a) Receive report from Public Works Director, Richard Seals.
(b) Receive report from City Administrator, Marla Arizola.
- COUNCIL COMMENTS regarding matters appearing on the agenda; recognition of community members, city employees, and upcoming events; inquiry of staff regarding specific factual information or existing policies – Councilmembers Guetersloh, Stevens, Smith, Rodriguez, Hodges and Mayor Horwood.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
- RECONVENE into regular session and consider action, if any, on item(s) discussed in executive session.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Sterling City will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending public meetings. To better serve attendees, requests should be received 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact Marla Arizola, City Administrator, at 325.378.2811.
I certify that a copy of the March 17, 2020, agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was posted on the City Hall window on March 13, 2020.
Marla Arizola, City Administrator