CITY OF STERLING CITY
CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the Sterling City Council to be held on
July 13, 2020 beginning at 6:00 p.m., at 508 3rd Street, Sterling City, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action.
- CALL TO ORDER
- INVOCATION - The invocation will be given by a member of the City Council.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by a member of the City Council.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Limited to five minutes per person.)
- CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted by one motion.)
(a) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the minutes of the regular council meeting held on June 8, 2020. – M. Arizola
(b) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the accounts payable and financial reports. – M. Arizola
(c) Discuss, consider and possible act on commercial and residential utility rates. – Council Member Rodriguez
(d) Discuss, consider and possible act upon all aspects of events that take place at the park, streets and athletic fields including approving an application for the events.
- OLD BUSINESS
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS:
(a) Receive report from Public Works Director, Richard Seals.
(b) Receive report from City Secretary, Marla Arizola.
- COUNCIL COMMENTS regarding matters appearing on the agenda; recognition of community members, city employees, and upcoming events; inquiry of staff regarding specific factual information or existing policies – Mayor Horwood and Councilmembers Guetersloh, Stevens, Smith, Rodriguez and Hodges.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
- RECONVENE into regular session and consider action, if any, on item(s) discussed in executive session.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Sterling City will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending public meetings. To better serve attendees, requests should be received 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact Marla Arizola, City Secretary, at 325.378.2811.
I certify that a copy of the July 13, 2020, agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was posted on the City Hall window on July 10, 2020.
Marla Arizola, City Secretary