CITY OF STERLING CITY
CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the Sterling City Council to be held January 13, 2020 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Sterling City, City Hall, 508 3rd Street, Sterling City, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION - The invocation will be given by Councilmember George Rodriguez.
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Mayor Lane Horwood.
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Limited to five minutes per person.)
6. CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted by one motion.)
(a) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the minutes of the regular council meeting held on December 9, 2019. – M. Arizola
(b) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the accounts payable and financial reports. – M. Arizola
(c) Discuss the process and implementation of all City ordinances, including implementing zoning within City limits. – Mayor L. Horwood
(d) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon closing streets down at the park. – Councilmember G. Rodriguez
(e) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon the 2018-2019 audit proposals presented by Gayla Fullerton, CPA and Richard Bowman, CPA. – Councilmember K. Hodges
(f) Discuss, consider and possibly act on the final draw to SM Construction. – Mayor L. Horwood
(e) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon all aspects of the current City Hall, including closing for the move in at the new building. – M. Arizola
7. OLD BUSINESS
(a) Discuss, consider and possibly act upon all aspects of the pocket/gazebo park located beside the current City Hall. – Councilmember K. Hodges
9. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS:
(a) Receive report from Public Works Director, Richard Seals.
(b) Receive report from City Administrator, Marla Arizola.
10. COUNCIL COMMENTS regarding matters appearing on the agenda; recognition of community members, city employees, and upcoming events; inquiry of staff regarding specific factual information or existing policies – Councilmembers Guetersloh, Stevens, Smith, Rodriguez, Hodges and Mayor Horwood.
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
12. RECONVENE into regular session and consider action, if any, on item(s) discussed in executive session.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Sterling City will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending public meetings. To better serve attendees, requests should be received 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact Marla Arizola, City Administrator, at 325.378.2811.
I certify that a copy of the January 13, 2020, agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was posted on the Municipal Building/City Hall window on January 10, 2020.
Marla Arizola, City Administrator